Contract & Diversity Management System
Bexar County's vendor management process is now faster and easier. The entire process is online, using our web-based Contract & Diversity Management System. You can manage your own information online, ensuring maximum accuracy and access to contract and certification data.
Current County Vendors
Our records may indicate that the information the County Purchasing Department uses to contact your company regarding bidding opportunities is either incomplete or has changed. Because this data is such an important link between the County and your company, we are requesting specific information so that we may immediately update County Purchasing Department records.
We are requesting that you provide information regarding commodities/services offered, address, phone number, fax number, and email address. Please take a minute to log into the system to update or create a record. You may also complete the simple Bid List Application and fax it to the Purchasing Department at 210-335-2219, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail it to the address listed above. (http://www.bexar.org/bexarcountypurchasing/index.html)
History of the Contract & Diversity Management System
In 2004, the SMWBE Program Office requested an analysis and documentation of SMWBE tracking process; analysis of data sources; design of desired reports; documentation of requirements for utilization tracking and analysis, availability tracking and analysis, and gap analysis; and recommendation of potential solutions.
The business environment in which the SMWBE Program operates is complex. A great deal of data is needed to support the Program business requirements and reporting duties.
Some of the data does not exist in any automated system. Other data exist in several systems (AFS and SCTRCA) and are maintained separately and without synchronization. Much of the information is only available for manual examination even though it is stored electronically because the information is stored as PDF documents rather than as fielded data in databases.
Other data, while available in an automated system can be inconsistent due to changes over time, lack of edits in the system, and ‘creative’ use of some of the available text entry fields. The inconsistency makes the data less than reliable and inaccurate.
The need to track the County’s business involvement with SMWBEs evolved much later than need to keep records about County purchases and vendors and payments. The result of the later evolution is that the data needed to support SMWBE tracking resides in multiple formats and multiple, disparate systems.
While the data needed for SMWBE tracking exists, the manual effort required to locate and manipulate it and do the necessary calculations was extremely formidable.
The B2GNow Contract and Diversity Management System provides the County with a technological tool to monitor specific contract elements, which includes, but are not limited to, prime contractor requirements, subcontractor utilization, insurance and bonding, and payment tracking.
The anticipated go-live date for the CDMS System is October 1, 2008, and as such the SMWBE Program staff is scheduling a series of meetings to demonstrate the system to all departments and offices that engage in professional services or contracting. The contracts that each department or office administers are asked to be loaded into the system.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
- What is my username?
- Your username most likely will be your e-mail address. In some cases it may also be your business name or any combination of data.
- What is my password?
- Your password will be initially assigned to you. Once you login for the first time, you must change it to something only you know.
- How do I change my password?
- Go to the Edit menu and click on Change Password. In the Old Password field, type your old password. In the New Password and Type New Password fields, type your new password, and then click on Submit.
- What do I do if I forget my password?
- On the CDMS home page, in the System Access Login box, click on the Forgot Password link. Enter your username in the field and click Submit. An e-mail and or fax with your username and password will be sent to you.
- How do I view a list of my contracts?
- Go to the Left Navigational Module menu, click on View, and then click on My Contracts. All of the contracts assigned to you will be displayed.
- How do I find a specific contract?
- Go to the Search menu and click on Contracts. Enter the contract number and or fill in the other parameters and click Search.
- How do I view an audit?
- From the contract search results, scroll down to see your audit history. Find the audit dates you want to view and click View Audit in the action column.
- How do I submit a response to an audit?
- On the Audit View Page, click on View Audit/Submit Response at the top of the page. Fill in your payment information and click Review. Verify all of the data and answer the questions, then click Submit. If you are responding to a final payment, don’t forget to mark the payment as final.
- How do I get help from customer support?
- On the Tools menu, click on Messaging, and then click on Contact System Support.
- How do I edit my own account settings?
- On the Edit Settings menu, click on Your Setting, then fill in the sections you want to edit.
For more information contact email@example.com